SIGRAFIL C is ideally suited to render materials electrically conductive and mechanically reinforce, for example, thermoplastics, thermosetting resins, cement systems, and floorings.
Used as continuous tow, SIGRAFIL C is ideal for weaving, prepregging, filament winding, Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastics (CFRP)
components, advanced composites, multiaxial production, unidirectional tapes, extrusion, pultrusion and other conversion processing.
In its precision cut staple form, SIGRAFIL C is a superior free-flowing material suitable for low and high temperature thermoplastic injection-molding processes. It is also an excellent way of making plastics or other non-conductive bulk materials electrically conductive, e.g. glues, resin systems, and speciality paper. Further important uses include fuel cells, cement reinforcement and applications where enhanced chemical resistance is needed.
Milled SIGRAFIL C is excellent for making materials electrically conductive such as powders, dry mixtures, adhesives, floorings, aqueous adhesive systems and all aqueous mixing processes. Furthermore, milled SIGRAFIL C fibers can be added to thermoplastic injection molding compounds and are also available in a pelletized form for improved handling characteristics.
In terms of their mechanical properties SIGRAFIL C fibers are optimized to offer excellent physical handling and process feeding properties.
- Electrically conductive materials and protection against electromagnetic radiation (EMI)
- Braided packings and gaskets
- C/SiC components
- Intake fittings
- Components for the offshore industry
- Compounds used in thermoplastic injection and compression molding for luggage compartment retainers
- SiC foams for porous reactors
- Windmill blades
- Luggage compartment retainers
- High tensile strength
- Carbon content >95%
- Suitability for reinforcement
- Excellent electrical conductivity
- Physiological harmlessness
- Superior blending and handling characteristics
- Can be blended with a variety of resins
SIGRAFIL C is supplied as continuous tow, staple fiber, milled and pelletized fiber with a variety of sizings depending on the application it will be used for.